As of January 2016 the citizenship test (Statsborgerskabsprøven) will be replaced by a new citizenship test (Indfødsretsprøven). You must pass the Citizenship Test (Indfødsretsprøven) to apply for Danish nationality/citizenship.

Indfødsretsprøven is held twice a year, in June and November/December. The Ministry of Immigration and Integration is responsible for the test and determines the exact dates.

Indfødsretsprøven is a written multiple choice test about everyday life and politics in a modern society. You can download the study material for Indfødsretsprøven for free at the bottom of this page. You can only register for Indfødsretsprøven at a state-approved Danish language center.

Dates, price and registration for 2018

Indfødsretsprøven June 6 (registration closed)
Indfødsretsprøven November 28 (registration deadline: October 31)

Price: 768 dkk

You can enrol online here

If you prefer to enrol via e-mail, in person or by phone, you can enrol for the november exam from 1 to 31 October 2018.

The exam will take place in Lundtoftehallen, Ravnholmvej 11, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby. You will receive a detailed information 2 weeks before the exam.

Map with route to Lundtoftehallen

Please be careful to avoid websites, which pretend to sell Indfødsretsprøve “packages”. These websites have nothing to do with Hellerup Language Centre. The study material is for free and you can see a list of official exam institutions here.


In order to sit Indfødsretsprøven, you must provide photo identification issued by a Danish government entity (or government entity of another EU country or Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, or Switzerland, as the case might be) or a passport issued by a government entity from another country with a residency sticker from a Schengen country.

Link to guide on identification


If you have questions about the Citizenship Test itself (Indfødsretsprøven), please contact

Administrative officer
Gabriele Jørgensen:, phone 3946 3054

If you have questions about requirements in connection to application for citizenship and/or current citizenship cases please contact the Ministry of Immigration and Integration.